Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Breaking Out

It seems that one of the assignments for class is to write a paper in which we turn an opera into a video game. This got me thinking about one of my favorite bands, The Protomen, who happen to have done the exact opposite. The interesting thing about The Protomen is that two of their albums, Act I: The Protomen and Act II: The Father of Death are actually a rock opera with an original story based on the video game series Mega Man. They even go so far as to add portions in the lyrics that are not sung, but rather describe the scene and the characters in them.


Even out of context, the power of the songs can still be felt and enjoyed, but the true experience comes from listening to the albums in order to listen and imagine how the story progresses. I would definitely recommend checking them out, as I feel that even without any knowledge of the Mega Man games, the story itself can still be just as emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment