Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Xerox Art Project

The Xerox Art Project was a very peculiar one. I had an idea in my head for it, but when I finally began to put it in action, I found that it would have been much more complex than I had expected. To avoid any issues or possibly being stopped and questioned, I stuck to using my roommate's scanner in our room. After that, I headed over to the library in order to print. While it was a bit odd to print out pictures of my body parts in the library, I felt that the end result was definitely worth the work, and ultimately the project was pretty enjoyable.

 Here's the tree with just the branches. Personally, this was my favorite part of my project. I love the way it turned out, even without adding the leaves yet.

 Just putting on the finishing touches. Originally, I had planned to have the tree full of leaves with "fruits" hanging from it (pictures of my eyes hanging from stems made out of my eyebrows). I did not have enough time or scans to finish this idea, and I felt as if it would have also taken away from the detail I had put in the branches.

The final product, presented to the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment